In a recent survey, we probed 500 consumers about their usage experience with 26 platforms and restaurant apps in Saudi Arabia. Here are some stats from that study.
- On an average, a consumer is aware of 8 food delivery apps but uses 3-4 at any given point in time. Except for the top 7, the conversion rates from awareness to usage fall significantly.
- Even when there are no restrictions to eat at restaurants, 75% consumers say they will continue to order home.
- Interestingly, only 6% consumers say their preferred food delivery apps deliver other stuff too while 74% say they want their preferred app to deliver everything.
What does it mean for your brand?
Home delivery is here to stay. Convergence in the seemingly populated delivery space is happening much faster than most had anticipated. Time is of essence. It is crucial for brands to step back and carve out a clear strategy that helps you win the battle for consumer attention.
- Restaurants: Do you want to maintain your own lastmile delivery network? Or do you want to partner with a delivery platform? What are consumer preferences between the two?
- Delivery platforms: Do you understand which attributes consumers associate with their preferred delivery platforms? What are the areas of improvement they want in home delivery services?